Comment on page
Project and Jira (JQL) filters
The scope of Teams, Programs and Periods (Program increments) are defined based on project and Jira (JQL) filters
Ativo programs supports the use of Project and/or Jira (JQL) filters to configure the scope of Teams, Programs and Program Increments (Periods) :
- In Settings > Teams Use a filter to define the scope of a team.
- In Settings > Programs You can use filters (optionally – depending on the approach you chose) to refine the scope of epics (features) and issues included in the program.
- In Settings > Periods You can use filters optionally to further refine the scope of epics (features) and issues included in a program increment.
There are two ways in Ativo to define a filter:
- With a Jira project(s) selection
- With a Jira (JQL) filter
Click on ‘Switch to Project filter’ or ‘Switch to Jira filter’ to select your preferred mode.
Use a project filter to define the scope simply based on a Jira project. You can also select multiple Jira projects. If you only want to select a part of the issues in a project, then click on ‘Add a filter on a field’ to refine the scope based on a Jira field.
Note: only a subset of Jira fields (e.g. Single select custom fields, Multi select custom fields) are available to be used in a Jira Project filter. If you’d need more options, click on “Switch to a Jira filter” instead.
You can use a Jira (JQL) filter to define the scope for more complex scenario’s, or if you simply prefer to use Jira filters directly.
You can type in a part of the name to let Ativo search for that filter. When selected, information is displayed about the filter.
Ativo Programs supports all Jira (JQL) filters as long as they are:
- Shared. Filters must be shared in order to be used in Ativo Programs. Filters that are not shared can only be used by the author, and prevent any collaboration.
- Contain a project. Filters must contain at least a Jira project or Project category. This ensures we are adding Ativo custom fields to the right screens.
- Only contain Company Managed Projects. Team-managed projects are not supported to be used in Ativo Programs, as they lack collaboration functionalities (e.g. contributing to an Epic in another project).
Note: the create new issue inline panel only supports filters with simple JQL queries.
For Project filters, the ordering is done based on the ‘Rank’ field.
For Jira (JQL) filters, the ordering of the filter is used.
- The “Order by” used in the optional program issue filters overrides the “Order by” from Team filters.
- The “Order by” used in the optional period (program increment) filters overrides the “Order by” from Team and Program filters.
- If no order is specified, the ordering is done based on the Rank field by default.